- Exemptions from the requirement to obtain a single permit for posted workers
A foreigner does not require a single permit for posted workers if he or she provides short-term services limited to a maximum of 90 days in any 180 days, which includes every day of stay in the last 180-day period, and if he or she falls into one of the following categories:
– he or she provides interventions where the urgent services of a foreign legal entity or appropriately trained foreigner are required to save lives or implement measures to prevent population health risks or to remedy or prevent damage to the economy caused by natural disasters;
– he or she is employed by a foreign employer and engaged as a member of the crew of a ship or aircraft or in road or railway transport;
– he or she is registered, in accordance with the law, in the court register of the Republic of Slovenia as a founder, company member or member of the supervisory board of a company to carry out work in such position and not registered in the Court Register as a representative;
– he or she does not generate income in the Republic of Slovenia and does not carry out direct sales or provide services but only participates in business meetings, establishes business contacts, including negotiations regarding the provision of services or activities, as well as those services and activities that relate to a foreign employer’s preparations for establishing a market presence in the Republic of Slovenia. These activities in the territory of the state shall be limited to 90 days within the six-month period following the foreigner’s first entry into the Republic of Slovenia;
– he or she participates in sporting events;
– he or she accompanies or guides foreign guests of groups of guests in the territory of the Republic of Slovenia and is a tour guide or tour leader carrying out activities in accordance with the act governing the promotion of tourism development, or a mountain guide pursuing his or her activity in accordance with the act governing mountain guiding;
– he or she carries out work involving the assembly, fitting, or disassembly of equipment and display items at fairs or exhibition events in the Republic of Slovenia;
– he or she is engaged as a circus artist, a worker in a visiting amusement park, or as a similar worker.
A foreigner does not need to obtain a single permit for posted workers also in the case of the provision of short-term services by a third- country provider related to the supply of goods and maintenance, which can be carried out on the basis of the registration of the commencement of the provision of services with the Employment Service of the Republic of Slovenia.
- Exemptions from the requirement to obtain a single residence and work permit
A foreigner does not need to obtain a single residence and work permit if he or she provides short-term services limited to a maximum of 90 days in any 180 days, which includes every day of stay in the last 180-day period, and if he or she falls into one of the following categories:
– he or she participates as a lecturer in organised expert meetings, presents scientific achievements or occasionally participates in the implementation thereof, or is a member of the associated technical personnel, or temporarily carries out research work (during a sabbatical year);
– he or she personally provides services in the cultural sector as a participant in art workshops, meetings, colonies or other cultural events or as a reporter thereon; as a collaborator, creator, or interpreter in the fields of music, musical performance, dance, ballet, the literary arts, photography, video, film, electronic media art, visual arts, architecture and design, inter-media art, or the performing arts, or as an expert in the fields of cultural heritage preservation, librarianship, archival science, or as accompanying teaching, reporting, organisational or technical staff.
A foreigner does not need to obtain a single residence and work permit also in the case of short-term work of a representative of up to 90 days on the basis of the registration of the work of a representative with the Employment Service of the Republic of Slovenia.