If the purpose of your stay in Slovenia is employment or work, your employer or the person you have authorized for this action may apply for a first single permit (permit for stay and work/be employed in Slovenia) at the competent administrative unit. In other cases, when you yoursel may file an application for a first permit or an application for renewal of permit , submit it to the competent administrative unit.

The competent administrative unit is the one where you intend to reside or where you already reside, where the employer is established, or where you are going to work or are already working.

When you make an application, the administrative unit will issue a certificate that is considered as a temporary residence permit.