Regular and sufficient means are limited, and are equal in amount to the basic amount of the minimum income in Slovenia. The amount is adjusted to the consumer price index and is published HERE.

Means must be sufficient for the period of residence in Slovenia.

Example: if you are filing an application for residence in Slovenia for nine months, you must provide proof showing that you have sufficient funds ensured for all nine months.

If you are going to work or be employed in Slovenia, you can demonstrate sufficient funds through a contract of employment or a proposal for an employment contract that records the content of the employment contract with the rights and obligations deriving from it (also payment) – your signature on the proposal is not required, but must be signed by the employer.

If an extension of the residence  and work permit (single permit) is applied for, sufficient funds are proved with a salary agreed with a contract of employment, salary compensation, reimbursement of work-related expenses, bonuses and annual leave allowance. Regular and sufficient funds are shown with payment lists (payrolls) for the past six months and for the month in which the application is submitted or a month before the competent authority decides on the application.

In the case of family unification, the amount of necessary means for you and your family members is determined differently; more information on this is available HERE.